You might hear people referring to things as being high vibration or low vibration. But what does it mean to have a high or low vibration?
Everything is energy. The world is made up of atoms and molecules that bind together and have a frequency, or vibration, associated with them. Likewise, your body is made up of cells that have their own energetic frequencies as well.
The Earth has cycles, like day and night, the seasons and tides. Smaller-scale rhythms exist in your body, too. Cycles in the body depend on the cycles of the Earth. Your habits, including the quality of your thoughts and emotions, also factor into your overall vibration.
Researchers are currently studying vibrational energy to see what effects your emotions and thoughts have on your health. Some studies try to rate the energy of feelings or actions as being high vibration or low vibration. Researchers examine people to find out what influence thought patterns and habits have on a person. They categorize thought patterns and habits as either low vibrational or high vibrational.
Your vibration doesn’t only affect your physical health and energy level. It can actually be a determining factor in what experiences you manifest in your life. One of the key principles in the Law of Attraction is like attracts like. Therefore, people who are low vibe might attract more low vibe events and people into their lives; people who are high vibe might attract more high vibe experiences and people into their lives.
There are also habits and even foods that are high vibe and low vibe. They are categorized on the effects they have on a person’s body as well.
Low Vibration versus High Vibration – The Basics
Low vibration energies relate to acting out of fear, sadness, or anger. High vibrations relate to actions and habits centered on love, care, and thankfulness.
The quality of the vibration of your actions, thoughts, and habits can affect your body, mind, and spirit and even affect your environment.
Habits that have a high or low vibration
Some low vibration habits are:
- Negative thought patterns
- Not getting enough sleep
- Eating refined, processed “junk” foods
- Sedentary lifestyle/sitting on the couch all-day
- Self-centered thinking and behavior
- Being defensive
- Lying or stealing
- Staying in situations that make you angry, sad, or frustrated
- Yelling at the people you love
- Being jealous of others
- Being greedy or stingy
- Continuing to engage in activities that make you feel guilty or ashamed
- Going against your intuition
- Expecting perfection from yourself and others
High vibration habits are:
- Trying to see the positive side of life.
- Forgiving yourself and those who have harmed you (this does NOT mean you have to let them into your life.)
- Good sleeping habits
- Eating a well-rounded, nutrient-rich diet made of whole foods
- Getting exercise daily
- Community-oriented behavior
- Taking time for yourself when you need to
- Meditating daily
- Trying to see life from a higher perspective
- Healing past wounds and doing shadow work
- Being open, honest, and tactful
- Graciously releasing any relationships that no longer serve both partners
- Exploring your creativity
- Maintaining a calm and centered disposition
- Being happy and inspired by the good fortune of others
- Complimenting others
- Taking care of the environment around you
- Saying NO to any activity that makes you feel guilty or ashamed
- Following your intuition
- Keeping your word
- Accepting people—yourself included—for who they are
- Being kind and generous
Of course, there are many other habits and emotions on the scale. This is a partial list of low vibration and high vibration habits to give you a basic understanding.
Can you change your vibe?
You can change your vibration easily. You just need to recognize when you act out of fear or anger versus acting out of love and gratitude. The other part is related to taking good care of yourself and getting help when you need it.
As you can see from the lists above, there are some very easy to change low vibrational habits, like eating healthier foods, exercising, and even meditating daily. Other factors, like changing your thought patterns or doing shadow work, might require help from a psychologist or energy practitioner.
You don’t have to be 100% perfect when you are working on elevating your vibe. So don’t worry if you have a burger from McDonald’s occasionally. If you are trying your best, you will probably start to see your life shift for the better.
That is the great thing about improving your vibration—it attracts higher vibe friends and opportunities into your life. The improvements you make in your life ripple out and affect your whole life.
So, when you are working on shifting from a low vibe to a higher vibrational habit and lifestyle, the best thing to do is be patient with yourself (and with the Universe), do the best you can, and center in gratitude as often as possible.
Don’t give up if you have a bad day. We all have bad days from time to time. Don’t use one bad day as an excuse to give up. Instead, try to turn it around by focusing on something that brings you joy or visiting a friend.
Living in a high vibrational life is amazing and magical and totally worth the effort!
We are all energetic beings. The habits you have and how you think can be considered low or high vibrational, depending on how they affect you and your overall health. It is easy to make many changes that lead to a higher vibrational lifestyle, and it is totally worth it to do your best to vibe as high as possible.
What do you think? Do you feel like it is easy to maintain a high vibe lifestyle? Or do you think high vibe versus low vibe is misunderstood or a bunch of rubbish? Please tell me about your thoughts in the comments below!